To use our mapping tool click here.
This map tool shows the protected drinking water areas around municipal sources of drinking water in the Mississippi-Rideau Region. The different colours on the map indicate where different protection policies are in place depending on how quickly and easily contaminants released at that location could reach a river or aquifer that supplies a town’s drinking water.
With this map tool you can:
- See the protected area around a community’s drinking water source (zoom by using the + or – buttons or mouse scroll wheel)
- See if a town or village has a protected drinking water area (type a place name into the box with the magnifying glass)
- Find your property to see if it is within a protected drinking water area (zoom by using the + or – buttons or mouse scroll wheel or pan around by dragging your mouse)
- Find out what the protected area means (click on any of the coloured areas)
- Return to the initial extent view and start a new search (click the home button)
Information made available through this map tool is not intended to constitute advice nor is it to be used as a substitute for specific advice from a professional and/or regulatory agency. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based upon information obtained through the map tool without independently verifying the information and as necessary obtaining professional advice regarding your particular facts and circumstances.
The Mississippi-Rideau Region is the sole proprietor of the Vulnerability and Policy data. This data or products derived from this data may not be copied, reproduced, or used for revenue generating purposes. For more information, please see disclaimer.